Thursday, March 12, 2009

TO CLEAN OR NOT NOT CLEAN

Question for everyone. Before you go away for a weekend or week do you clean your house?
We are heading out of town this weekend so I spent most of my day cleaning the house. Making sure the bathrooms were nice and clean, things dusted and vacuumed. Just as I was finishing up the last chore, vacuuming the dreaded stairs, I started thinking. Am I insane? Why am I cleaning? We won't be here to enjoy it. Where was this cleaning machine last week when I kind of let the house go towards the end of the week and regretted it all weekend when the house was a mess and we were home to live with that mess. I feel like a switch goes off when I start packing that makes me have the energy and motivation to clean the house. I've been doing it for years so I doubt that any soul searching I do today will change it but I do think I am crazy and if you ask Hubby he thinks I am completely nuts. I know that on Sunday when I am happy to be home I will be even happier that it is a clean home.
So do you clean before you go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment