Wednesday, March 10, 2010

LIGHTEN UP

I've been trying to lighten things up in my kitchen. Someday I will get a new one but for now I have to work with the wood cabinets and sage green tile. My first instinct was to add red so I took that idea and ran with it. Everything was red. Below is a corner in my kitchen (this pic is from Christmas)


I don't know if it's spring fever or what but I have been longing for a more lighter look. So I took pretty much everything that was red and made it cream. Thank God for spray paint. This is the same corner now.

It makes me giddy just looking at it. Is that normal?

I found this hook at Homegoods and this kind of started the whole cream faze. I love it for it's style but also function. I use to hang my towel on the stove handle and it would slip off onto the floor everytime I was cooking. Talk about driving me crazy. Problem solved!!



Few more changes to come in the kitchen to take it a step further. I have the supplies just need the time. Hopefully soon.



1 comment:

  1. Love what you did! I'm a little anti-red at the moment too...I asked the family if I should paint the red-room all white...but they all said no. But I'm definitely going to be lightening up myself! Thanks for the inspiration.
    ~Tara

    ReplyDelete