Monday, December 14, 2009

CHRISTMAS HOUSE TOUR

I thought I would join in The Nester's House Tour and show some of my decorations. I had hoped to do this earlier but the day got away from me so here I am as the house is getting dark taking pictures. Not the best but they will have to do!



Santa greets you as you walk in the front door. This is my entryway.
I got this large white container at Target over the summer. I think it's a beverage holder. I love changing it up every season. Summer had lemons, Fall had pumpkins. One of my favorite items!





We don't have a fireplace and mantle to hang our stockings so a few years ago I saw something similiar and thought it might work. Found this ladder at a craft fair. It does the job.


Every year Girlie girl sits on Santa's lap. I wanted to display in a nice way so I bought some inexpensive frames and fabric. The fabric is hot glued to the paper that they frame came with and he picture is taped. So simple and I love the results.








This is a secretary that I got from Craigslist over the summer. This is def my favorite piece of furniture. I have found that the more stuff I cram into the shelves the better it looks.




This is my break front in the dining room. I ordered the BELIEVE from a friend who is doing the vinyl words. Still waiting for a few snowflakes to finish it off. The large picture is actually tin and the picture is magnet so I can change them out with the seasons. I have to do a future post on this piece. It's just to cool.




Kitchen shelf that I change up every season/holiday.



Little cabinet in the kitchen. I just got the Santa and Mrs Claus this year. They are kissing salt and pepper shakers from Gooseberry Patch. So cute.






Here's a view from the hallway into the living room. I'm loving my red furniture with Christmas.






I didn't get a good picture of the tree so will have to show that on another post.
Now I am going to attempt to link up to The Nester. Wish me luck, I am completely computer illiterate









3 comments:

  1. just perusing through people's posts on the nester. LOve your christmas decorations! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your house. the front porch and fece are to die for! Merry christmas
    dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. i meant fence...and the gate...i've always wanted that!!!
    dena

    ReplyDelete