Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ADDING SOME VALENTINE FLUFF

It is a dreary day here today and snow is in the forecast. UGH! I've had enough of this weather. Because there was no sunlight my pictures are really poor (It could be my photography skills but I'd rather blame the sun!)

I wasn't going to go overboard for Valentine's Day this year. I needed a break after all that Christmas, but then I opened up my bin and started placing things around and next thing I know it's all over.

Here's a few pictures of how it looks. I added new words that will stay up all the time now. Was trying to come up with something fitting for my Dining room. Thought that this is the place we celebrate holidays and special occasions with family and friends. Perfect. I still love my metal plaque and the idea that I can change it with every season/holiday. I love the Vday picture I chose.

I got these cupcakes from PIER ONE this year. Really inexpensive and so cute. I'm thinking of getting some of the Crayola Model magic and making cupcakes for other holidays to decorate with. I'll put that on my ever growing craft list.

Girlie-girl found me taking pictures and wanted to get in on the action.


Have a great week and stay warm!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! Amazing - I don't have a Valentines bin - must get working on that one...
    Thank you for the comment on my little blog. When I first saw the picture of your house I knew you would have the same wood trim! They are VERY MUCH alike...Arts & Craft era I believe? I must admit I love painted trim...and everyone tells you to paint it. But I have to start small. The kitchen is painted. I may paint the living room/dining room trim. But I can't imagine painting the whole house! I'm just working with it for now and it kind of grows on me. And I love how easy it is to clean and there's no upkeep!!Look how shiny yours is...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty I'm in love with your little cupcake pedestal

    ReplyDelete