Sunday, January 10, 2010

INEXPENSIVE PILLOW

I saw this idea over at Brighton Cottage's blog http://brightoncottage.blogspot.com/ She was having her cousin Carolyn guest post.

I started out with 2 black placemats from Walmart. They were 1.98 each. I got this burlap strip (I think it's used in upholstery) and the letter decal from Joann's Fabrics. That cost me about 3.00. So easy just had to iron the letter on.

I sewed the burlap strip to the one placemat then sewed around the edges leaving the one smaller side open. I stuffed it with some FREE blanket snow stuff I had left over from Christmas. It was actually in the trash and I had to go fish it out when I came up with this idea.

I stuffed it then sewed the final side and voila I have a stylish pillow for approx 7.00. I love it. Even Hubby commented on it when he saw it.

Here's the view looking into the living room. I got a new fancy camera for Christmas so am playing with it. From the looks of this picture I need to play some more!




I am so excited. I have a round coffee table sitting in my garage just waiting to be put together and painted. That is the next project. Just have to finishe getting those darn Christmas decorations away so I have some room to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment